When it comes to hosting an event, cakes are one of the sources of enjoyment to the guests. It is usually highly symbolic in any party, occupying a place of honor at the head of the table. As a host, you have to work with the bakery to choose the right cake flavors and design for your event. Unlike what people say, selecting the best cake for your occasion is simple and straightforward. Here are some tips to make choosing a cake a walk in the park:
1. Know the Size. It is necessary you know how many people you will be feeding in your event, this will be the first step in getting the right cake for your occasion.
2. Know your Budget. Cakes can be quite costly, so having a budget is necessary. A budget will help you decide how much you can spend. The budget will, however, affect the type of cake that you can get for your event.
3. Choose a reputable Bakery. Choose a bakery you trust or one that has many positive reviews from your friends and family. It may be expensive, but you have to remember your event is at stake. There is nothing more terrible than ordering a cake from an unknown bakery, only to find out on the day of the occasion that the cake turned out poorly or it arrived late.
4. Do a lot of tasting. After choosing a bakery to make the cake for your event, request for a tasting session to know what to expect. Taste different flavors until you find what works for you. Caterers today have tons of taste options that shy away from everyday chocolate or vanilla. The variety you may like may end up being the one that wasn’t on your mind.
5. Adult parties can get liquor-flavored cakes. For stag nights and other adult-only parties, get creative with the cake and request for liquor-infused cakes. From Sambuca to Campari, there are tons of variety of liqueurs that would taste great in a moist cake.
6. Finally, get the decoration right. The decoration on your cake is significant because that is what your guests will see at the party. If the cake is for your kid, decorating it with his/her favorite cartoon character will make him happy. For a wedding cake, most bakers have a catalog of wedding cake designs where you can pick.
You can find good bakers in your locality online and speak to them well before your party to arrange the most amazing cakes.